Effective Date: August 28, 2018
- LEGAL PURCHASE AGE
- TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The following information is provided by RŪH to enable our online visitors to be fully informed of our privacy practices. The Site collects certain information when you interact with the Site. For example, the Site may collect personal information which is data that can be used to identify an individual, including but not limited to, your full name, birth date, email, physical address, and telephone number. The Site may also collect non-personal information that does not identify you specifically. The following is a list of data that we may collect and process about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Site. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site; subscribe to any services offered on the Site including but not limited to interactive services (such as blogs, chat rooms, message boards, or other user forums); enter a competition or promotion sponsored by RŪH; complete a survey; or report a problem with the Site;
- Your date of birth, which we may require that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access the Site if you are not of a legal age to purchase items offered for sale on the Site;
- Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us a correspondence;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Site including the placement of any orders by you;
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, your computer's IP address, password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
In general, you can use and visit our Site without submitting any personal information; however, in order to utilize and access specific features, you will be asked to submit your personal information. RŪH collects personal information in several ways, including without limitation, when you place an order, buy a gift voucher for a friend or register for a service offered by RŪH. By registering, you are consenting to the collection of your personal data. For example, when you register or place an order with us, we may collect and store some or all of the following information that you provide: your full name, credit/debit card billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date. We may use this information to register your account, to process your payments, and to send you periodic updates or promotional or marketing materials. In addition, you may be asked to allow us to automatically access personal information such as your social media information.
Saved card details will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner's systems. Additionally, we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
- WHAT NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
We may also gather certain non-personally identifiable information about your use of our Site (“Usage Information”). We collect and store certain other information automatically whenever you interact with our Site. For example, we collect your IP address, browser information and reference site domain name every time you visit our Site. We also collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage explained below in Section 5. This information is used to analyze and improve our Site, provide our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience, and personalize the Site, our communications with you, and your shopping experience.
We may use information from cookies for purposes including but not limited to:
- Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the site, the date and time of your access to the site, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed our Site;
- Recognizing repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes;
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, for example, to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked. We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other personal information that you provide to us. We nay use this information for purposes including but not limited to:
- Customizing or personalizing your experience of the Site;
for example, so that we can greet you on the site by name;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit card sales;
- Monitoring your use of the Site in order to make our communications with you as relevant as possible; for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Site that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Site that you have not accessed previously. We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may still use most of the features of our Site, including the ability to purchase items.
- HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED, INCLUDING ANYONE IT MIGHT BE SHARED WITH
RŪH may use your personal information to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to manage your account, to provide customer service, and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience.
Your personal information also may be used to contact you about promotional offers, unless you have opted to not receive promotional communications. When you register with RŪH, you will be offered the opportunity to opt out of our email newsletter and other update services. If you choose to opt-out for this service, we will not send you alerts for new products, features nor enhancements; special offers; upgrade opportunities; contests or events of interest. However, if you choose to receive our emails from time-to-time, we will use the information you provide to promote the products and services of ourselves and our business partners. To learn more about opting-out, please see Section 7 below. We do collate information about site traffic, sales, wish list, and other commercial information which we may pass on to third parties but this information does not include any information which can identify you personally. We strive to limit use of your information to those offers that we think you would appreciate receiving. Finally, we may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors' needs. If we change our policy on disclosure to others, we will inform you and give you the choice of opting out.
- Our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and further provided such service provider does not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- Unaffiliated service providers with whom RŪH may subcontract, including credit reference or fraud prevention agencies, website hosting companies, fulfillment companies and other third party service providers. These service providers have access only to such personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information.
- The prospective seller or buyer of RŪH's business or assets, including where RŪH or substantially all of RŪH's assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to: comply with any legal or regulatory obligation; respond to inquiries or requests from public authority; enforce or apply the RŪH Terms and Conditions and other agreements; permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; or protect the rights, property, safety or security of RŪH, our employees, agents, contractors, customers, the visitors of the Site or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also allow advertisers, advertising networks, and behavioral targeting companies to collect non-personally identifiable usage information that may track your use of our Site, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance, and display ads targeted specifically to you. To opt-out of this practice, please visit this site
- OPT-OUT PROVISIONS
When you register, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular update service. At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of any service to which you have subscribed. Any email we send you will contain an easy automated opt-out link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the email. Alternatively, you can change your email preferences or opt out of all emails by logging into My Account. To opt out of direct mail service or updates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not our current policy to share our customers' personal details with third parties other than as stated herein.
Should you choose to have your name and personal data removed from our database altogether, you can do so by sending an email to: email@example.com.
If you would like to opt out of the behavioral advertising described above in Section 6 above, please visit this site
- HOW YOU CAN CHANGE, IF NECESSARY, THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAINTAIN
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by RŪH is not correct, please visit the website and, after logging into the site using the "Sign In" menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account" section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal data from the website using your password and User ID. Information may be changed online within Personal Information, Address Book, and Recent Orders. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to provide you with reasonable access to any personally identifiable information you have provided to us within 30 days at no cost. If access cannot be provided within that timeframe, we will provide you with a date by which the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
- WHERE WE STORE AND HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personally identifiable information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information (e.g., name, cell phone number, email address, and certain demographic data) that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the preceding calendar year. At this time, we do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes so this requirement does not apply to us.
In addition, under California law, website operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information of a consumer over time and across third party websites and apps, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our customers’ personally identifiable information over time and across third-party websites and apps. This law also requires website and app operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personally identifiable information about their users' online activities over time and across different websites and apps when the users use the operator's website or app. We do not knowingly permit third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites and apps when a consumer uses our Site. For more information about third party cookies, including information about how to opt out of these technologies, visit this site
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13. We recommend that children between the ages of 13 and 18 obtain their parent’s or guardian’s permission before submitting information over the Internet. By using the Site, you are representing that you are at least 18 years old or that you are at least 13 years old and have permission. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided his or her personal information to us, please notify RŪH immediately by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- CONTACT INFORMATION